View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:32 pm
Posts: 2960
Location: Hawaii
Post Quickwork
I came across this term in a journal (Zachary Hicks) entry. A quick search says that it refers to planking below the waterline of a ship. Has anyone else heard of this?

I have the honour to be, &c.

Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:57 am
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:44 am
Posts: 71
Location: Fife, Scotland
Post Re: Quickwork
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary. MICRA, Inc. 12 Sep. 2012.


Quick"work`\, n. (Naut.) A term somewhat loosely used to denote: (a) All the submerged section of a vessel's planking. (b) The planking between the spirketing and the clamps. (c) The short planks between the portholes. Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.

Interesting! No, I had not heard this term before.

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:39 am
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.