View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 French Warships 1644 - 1800 

Post French Warships 1644 - 1800
Several years ago I collected a lot of information on French Warships with the intention of producing a book, for various reasons this did not happen but I still have a lot of data , mostly from the late Jean Meirat, a noted French ship enthusiast and writer.
The papers contain many details of French Line of Battle Ships and their actions etc in the 17th and 18th Centuries plus I have the full set of "Repertoires de Maritime Guerre" which were published as Appendix to the Journal of French Maritime History and list every French Warship.
I would be happy to freely give these to anyone who would be interested, if you would like to have them please contact me via this Forum to arrange details.
I look forward to hearing from a fellow enthusiast
Regards

Bruce Lander

Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:28 am
Lieutenant

Post Re: French Warships 1644 - 1800
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Camperdown
This article on Wikipedia seems to match Camperdown's name. Several editors have had an input to this article and may well be interested in the collection.
Good luck
Viking

Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:14 pm

Hi, it seems that my choosing Camperdown as my sign in has proved a red herring and suggested an interest in Dutch warships etc. ( I maybe should change it to Quiberon or Saintes !)
Really the material I have will be only of interest to researchers of the French sailing Navy in the 17th and 18th Centuries.
Cheers
Bruce Lander

Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:26 pm
Lieutenant

Red Herrings apart .. ..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category: ... rench_Navy
lists many of the articles on French warships available on English language wikipedia, where anyone interested and with proper sources can edit, correct, or write an article from scratch. If you go into the "View History" tag at the top of each article, you will see the pseudonyms of the various people who have had an input into that article ( and who may be interested in discussing your library) Each article, and each editor, has a talk page for relevant discussion.
If Sailing Navies fails to come up trumps, you could try investigating as above.

Viking

Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]