View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Porter Hill: "The War Chest" 

Post Porter Hill: "The War Chest"
"The War Chest" by Porter Hill

- something different -

Spoilers Below!

I just finished this second book in the Adam Horne series. Set in 1761, it follows a special group of the HEIC's Bombay Marines on another very secret mission. Adam Horne's small unit of Bombay "buccaneers" (early commandos) each have special skills and serious criminal records. The stories by Hill are far from traditional AoS tales. Some people will love the adventure in his books and others may dislike them for being so different. I find them very entertaining. The characters are well drawn. I like the fact that much of Horne's life is dropped in small nuggets and hints as the books progress.

Horne and his gang of cutthroats (literally) are sent to intercept a ship in the Madagascar area carrying an important French payroll. Horne does not realize that he is an unwitting pawn in a game being played by the HEIC and the British government. I am looking forward to the next adventure titled "The China Flyer."

Don

Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]