View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 John Stevens: Uncommon Valour 
Midshipman

Post John Stevens: Uncommon Valour
I've noticed that we have a few writers of nautical fiction here so I thought a thread like this would be a fun way for us to answer any questions that you might have regarding our books.

For myself I wrote the two novels of the Uncommon Valour duology - The Frigate Captain and Broad Pendant; now available as an omnibus edition at Tall Ships Books as well as many other bookstores.

If any of you have any questions about it please feel free to ask away and I'll do my best to answer them.

So, lads and lassies, what say ye?

Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:07 pm
Profile WWW
Admin

Thank you, John, for being willing to discuss your book with forum members.

In keeping with my preferred format as stated in the "Book Discussion Threads - Please Read!" sticky above, I've changed the name of the thread from "Ask the Author" to the current one.

Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:04 am
Profile YIM
Midshipman

It is with some sadness that I must report that I'm taking Uncommon Valour out of print starting at the end of the month.

It will be coming back at some point perhaps a year or two down the road assuming I can get a good agent and a "real" - that is to say "commercial" publisher.

If any of you who live in the US would like a copy it will be available through amazon.com for the next few weeks at least. After that you can contact me direct, but I must warn you that my supply is very limited.

Those of you who live in Europe please do me a great favor and either buy it direct from me or wait until I have a new publisher and the book is again available. You see I lose $0.83 for every copy sold overseas. I tried pricing the book as low as possible to make it more affordable and the poor exchange rates of a weak dollar played a nasty trick on me.

Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:17 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]