View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Question regarding topics. 

Post Question regarding topics.
Looking at the division of the forum topics, it might be helpful to have two other topics/subjects. Ship Models and Nautical Art

There is a very active ship modelling community out there and many nautical art enthusists. A specific topic area for these might be helpful.

Just a thought. Any comments?

Bob Squarebriggs

Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:19 pm
Profile YIM
Post Re: Question regarding topics.
Hi Bob,

Yes, a Ship Models section is a good idea. I will add that on.

What do you mean by nautical art? Specifically paintings or art on a broader scale?

Fri Mar 28, 2003 4:05 pm

Post Nautical Art
I was thinking specifically of paintings, prints, book covers, and that sort of thing. But, really the catagory could mean anything related to ships, sailors and the sea.

The modern maritime artists like Geoff Hunt, Chris Mayger, Roy Cross, Derek Gardner, Mark Myers, to mention a few, have produced some splendid work lately. I am simply overwhelmed by their capture of the theme, their realism, and their detail. Damm me, you can smell the salt, feel the spray in your face and sense the movement in their work.

Bob Squarebriggs

Fri Mar 28, 2003 4:48 pm
Profile YIM
Admin

I too would love to see a section on nautical art as outlined by Bob -- haven't got many books specifically on nautical art, so relish all that I can see on line.

"She from the Fens"
:wink:

Sat Mar 29, 2003 2:15 pm
Profile YIM
Post Re: Nautical Art
I can set up a section for the discussion of nautical art, but I strongly discourage the posting of images because of copyright laws.

I know there are websites that feature nautical art. Providing links to those sites is fine. However if a forum member would like to post an image here, the member should either own the rights to the image or have permission from the creator of the image to do so.

Sat Mar 29, 2003 5:32 pm
Admin

sorry, Susie, that's probably what I meant ...... URL's would be useful and, as you say, permissable. Thanks.

Mil

Sun Mar 30, 2003 6:21 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]