View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Geoff Hunt DVD 
Admin

Post Geoff Hunt DVD
On another board, I came across mention of a DVD featuring Geoff Hunt which I think would be rather nice to have, as I'm sure we have all admired his work.

Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:09 am
Profile YIM
Volunteer

If you like and admire the work of Geoff Hunt I'm sure you'd equally appreciate the work of the late Chris Mayger. He was one of those rare modern marine artists who excelled in the use of one of the most difficult of mediums for maring painting - gouache. His draughtsmanship, use of colour and interpretation of light was beautiful. Unfortunately and outside of his book jacket commissions, he never achieved the recognition I believe he deserved, though he was a frequent exhibitor with the RSMA (Royal Society of Marine Artists) at their annual London exhibition.

Some years ago a full-colour paperback was published on a selection of his work (The Marine Paintings of Chris Mayger), which though now out-of-print, is probably still available through the second-hand market.

www.michaelleek.co.uk

Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:51 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]