View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 SN Links 

Which do you prefer, in terms of the scope of links listed on the SN site?
Everything but the kitchen sink, good or bad. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Lots of links, but cut out the poor quality ones. 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
A limited selection of links, with emphasis on the quality of the content. 67%  67%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 6

SN Links 
Admin

Post SN Links
When I started the site, I decided to list all the AoS links I could find, good or bad. Now, I've started to have second thoughts. As users of the site, do you like having everything under the sun available for your perusal or is a collection of carefully selected links better? Please feel free to add your comments.

Sun Aug 29, 2004 8:04 am
Profile YIM
Admin

I've been spending some time going through the Links section. What I've found is that a lot of the ones that were done as personal home pages are gone. While these types of pages may contain good information, I am increasingly hesitant about including them because they are more likely to disappear than "official" sites.

Sat Apr 23, 2005 5:54 am
Profile YIM
Admin

I've been doing one of my periodical checks of the links on the main site. As noted in my previous post, I'm finding that a number of the "non-official/personal" sites have gone the way of the dinosaurs.

I think I'm going to pare things down quite a bit. I'm leaning towards cutting out most of the non-official sites, even though they still work and have good information.

Does anyone have thoughts about this? How much do you use the links? Are they useful at all?

Are there any "must-have" links you would like to see (Related to the period only)? Any that I've missed?

Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:37 pm
Profile YIM
Admin

UPDATE...

I think I'm going to pare things down quite a bit. I'm leaning towards cutting out most of the non-official sites, even though they still work and have good information.

Does anyone have thoughts about this? How much do you use the links? Are they useful at all?

Are there any "must-have" links you would like to see (Related to the period only)? Any that I've missed?

.....thinking cap duly placed on head.

Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:09 pm
Profile YIM
Midshipman

The way I see it, if the link still goes someplace connected to the Age of Sail it should stay.

Only trim out the dead links.

Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:40 pm
Profile WWW
Lieutenant

Post Links
I'm in favour of as much "good quality" as possible. of course good is a subjective thing.

You might consider adding a link to the wiki site at http://3decks.pbwiki.com It's not going to go anywhere, honest, and is the largest collection of warship data on the net

Cy

Edit: Sorry I should declare my interest as one of the two administrators and main contributors to the site.

Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]