View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Question about new forum style 
Lieutenant

Post Question about new forum style
Hi all,
Sorry for a dumb question here, but... On the old style of the forum there was a link to "view posts since your last visit". Here, I've looked at "view unread posts" which is quite a bunch, but not all just since my last visit -- some were on that list in previous visits. "View new posts" & "view active topics / last 7 days" have both come up on the last couple of tries with 0 matches.
So, what to I click on to see what's been posted just since last time I logged in? :oops:
Thanks!

...life on land is DRY :(

Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:42 pm
Admin

Post Re: Question about new forum style
Hi Alison,

Hm. I think "View New Posts" is the correct link to use. I'm not sure why you got no results. Do you have cookies enabled in your browser? That's the only thing I can think of, off hand.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:21 pm
Profile YIM

susan wrote:
Hi Alison, Hm. I think "View New Posts" is the correct link to use. I'm not sure why you got no results. Do you have cookies enabled in your browser? That's the only thing I can think of, off hand. Is anyone else having this problem?

Susan, "View New Posts" seems to be working for me. There were some days recently without any posts (as far as I could determine) so the results were nil between logons during that period. For example, all my and Mary's posts about Smalley appeared as well as the ones about anchoring.

However, other than at the very beginning after the change, I have not been trying to "View Active Topics" until just before this post. It was then and is currently not working for me at all, no matter what period is selected. So "View New Posts" works and "View Active Topics" doesn't and I DO have cookies enabled.

I hope that helps since "View Active Topics" seems to be an important feature.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:23 am
Admin

Hi Don,

I don't use the "Active Topics" feature, so I'm not quite sure how it's supposed to work. There probably is some sort of threshold that determines whether a topic is active or not (number of posts? recent posts?). I'll look into it.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:16 am
Profile YIM
Admin

Okay, I have looked into the "View Active Topics" problem and I found out what the problem is. I have to enable a setting for each individual subforum. I have already done this for the "Ships" forum as a test. So you should now be able to click the "View Active Topics" list and see results for that. I will work on this throughout the day.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:01 pm
Profile YIM
Admin

Okay, I've made the changes. If it is still not working for a particular subforum, let me know.

Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:46 pm
Profile YIM
Lieutenant

Well, I can now get results for "new posts" & "active topics" (mostly the same)... will see if the same ones come up on future log-ins.
I do have cookies -- once in a while we delete them all as they do accumulate, but I knew that would affect forum sign-ins before.
Didn't mean to make extra work for you!!, but thanks!

...life on land is DRY :(

Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]