View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Troll 
Admin

Post Troll
Hello everyone,

Well...it seems the SN Forum has finally had its first troll. The user who went by the screen name of "Ancient Mariner" (AM) has been permanently banned from the forum.

He has been openly and privately critical of me (which I don't have a problem with) and the forum. I have learned to take criticism, due to the nature of my job. However, he has persisted in insulting the content of this forum (keeps referring to it as "boring"), which I see as an insult to everyone who has contributed friendly assistance and valuable information over the years. It seems that he had some sort of personal agenda in terms of eventually running the forum HIS way.

As I said to a couple of fellow members, I've always viewed the SN Forum as a tranquil pool where everyone can enjoy themselves and come and go as they pleased with no pressure regarding volume (I value quality not quantity) of posts or anything like that. AM was like the naughty child throwing rocks into that pool.

I will be removing most/all of his posts, unless anyone has any strong objections. Please contact me via email, if you do. I do not feel this is censorship. I am doing it because I feel that he should be given no platform to promote himself and his agenda.

Also, for the future, if anyone feels that a member is behaving in a way that is creating a negative atmosphere, please do not hesitate to contact me. The more feedback I receive, the better decisions I can make when situations such as this pop up.

As always, I welcome any comments and criticism (although right now I could use a hug). I'm sorry to have to post this, but I felt the situation needed airing out in case anyone was wondering what was going on.

Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:34 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]